Political Commentary and Information
NOTE: If you try to open a site and get a message that says the site cannot be displayed if another site has embedded it, open the site in a new tab or window.
There is a lot of information available on these sites. Some of it you may agree with, some you may not. In any event, explore these sites; don't
just read the first page. Peruse the links. Drill down several levels. Many contain good and interesting stuff several layers down. A good example is
Leon Felkin's Home Page. I was tempted to link several different parts of his site here, and had to fight the temptation. After all, part of self-sufficiency
and a belief in smaller government is trusting people to find things themselves without spoon-feeding and micro-management. My link to his site points you in the right direction;
it is up to you to mine for gold...
- American Thinker - a daily internet publication devoted to the thoughtful exploration of issues of importance to Americans. Contributors are accomplished in fields beyond journalism and animated to write for the general public out of concern for the complex and morally significant questions on the national agenda.
- The Patriot Post - (Open in new tab Only) Originally 'The Federalist,' a concise, highly acclaimed email journal of anecdotal rebuttal to contemporary political, social and media liberalism. Compiled weekly, Its content is carefully selected to provide Constitutional Conservatives with a brief, informative and entertaining survey and analysis of the week's most significant news, policy and opinion.
- WSJ Opinion - from the Wall Street Journal Editorial Page
- TownHall - Conservative News and Information
- Reagan Reports for America - Michael Reagan, elder son of late President Ronald Reagan. Dedicated to bringing the most important news of the day to Americans who still believe, as President Reagan knew, that America remains "the last best hope of man on earth."
- Jewish World Review - Insight section contains numerous columns by various authors...very good"
- RealClear Politics - News and Political Commentary
- IMHO... - Leon Felkins' Home Page - An interesting site with interesting links
- The American Spectator (Open in New Tab Only) - The American Spectator was founded in 1924 by George Nathan and Truman Newberry over a cheap domestic ale in McSorley’s Old Ale House. In 1967, the Saturday Evening Club took it over, rechristening it The Alternative: An American Spectator, but by November 1977 the word “alternative” had acquired such an esoteric fragrance that in order to discourage unsolicited manuscripts from florists, beauticians, and other creative types, the club reverted to the magazine’s original name. Published remarkably without regard to gender, lifestyle, race, color, creed, physical handicap, or national origin.
- Enter Stage Right - A journal of modern conservatism
- Free Republic - an online gathering place for independent, grass-roots conservatism on the web, working to roll back decades of governmental largesse, to root out political fraud and corruption, and to champion causes which further conservatism in America.
- Concerned Women For America - The nation's largest public policy women's organization with a rich 22-year history of helping members across the country bring Biblical principles into all levels of public policy
- Conservative Truth - The Antidote to the Liberal News Media
- Eagle Forum - Phyllis Schlafly
- Judicial Watch - a non-partisan, non-profit foundation dedicated to serving as an ethical and legal "watchdog" over the government, legal, and judicial systems in order to promote a return to ethics and morality in our nation's public life
- The Rutherford Institute - Dedicated to the Defense of Civil Liberties and Human Rights.
- Traditional Values Coalition - Largest non-denominational grassroots church lobby in America.
- The American Conservative Union - America's oldest and largest grassroots conservative organization
- The American Center for Law and Justice - engages in litigation, provides legal services, renders advice and counsels clients, and supports attorneys who are involved in defending the religious and civil liberties of Americans.
- The Heritage Foundation - a research and educational institute - a think tank - whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.
- STRATFOR Strategic Forecasting - Intelligence Consulting firm located in Austin, TX providing intelligence analysis to consumers, corporations, news organizations, publishers, and web portals.
- Cato Institute - A non-partisan public policy research foundation, named for Cato's Letters, libertarian pamphlets that helped lay the philosophical foundation for the American Revolution. The Cato Institute also mantains websites on Social Security, Free Trade, Libertarianism, and Individual Rights. They also maintain a site in Spanish, as well as the Cato University web site.
- The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Study - The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians interested in the current state of the legal order. It is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be.
Political Information Sites
- Who Represents Me? - A site where you can look up who is representing you at the state and federal level in Texas.
- 2020 Election Central - 2020 Primary Schedule
- Vote Smart - A must-read. Comprehensive source for information on candidates and issues.
Local Political Action Sites/Groups
Other Sites of Interest
- VoteFromAbroad.org - Informative site on how each state is leaning in upcoming national elections. Site
leans Democrat, but information is good.
- Ilana Mercer's Web Site - Very interesting, containing many past articles written by the author
- Deborah Venable's Home Page - Contains articles not archived elsewhere, and other interesting information