In this day and age there are many things that can occur that require us to be prepared. From weather to terrorist
attack, the prudent person is one who ensures that they and their family are as prepared for the worst as they can
be. When disaster strikes, YOU are the first responder when it comes to your family. Government help, while it
may come, will likely be delayed for days, even weeks or months, depending on the magnitute of the disaster. (Witness the
aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.) Below are some links that may aid you in this task.
- Provident Living - Self-Reliance and Welfare Resources. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Ready.gov - Preparedness information brought to you by the Federal Government
- 72hrs.org - What to do in a major disaster - City Government of San Francisco
- Organizations - Emergency Essentials - Emergency products and emergency preparedness information
- Provident Living Online Shopping Center - Commercial business
- Millennium Ark - Preparedness site for multiple threats. Pretty much everything you need to know can be found here. Lots of links!
- SHTFplan.com - When it hits the fan, don't say we didn't warn you. Lots of links and good info.
- The Essential Guide to Car Emergency Kits - Because you never know when you are going to have an emergency, and you spend a lot of time in your car. Good run-down of things that are good to have with you in your car when bad things happen.
- Important Legal Documents for Emergency Preparedness - Frequently overlooked, but very important to consider. Some of these may not be important during the emergency, but can be vital in the aftermath. A worthy consideration in your emergency preparedness preparations.
- Disaster Preparedness for your Pets - Don't forget your pets! They won't forget you.