Home Schooling Links
The homeschooling movement is gaining steam all across the US. People homeschool for many different reasons. My wife did so because,
having prayed about it, she felt that is what the Lord wanted her to do. It wasn't easy, and she frequently wished otherwise, but that's what she believed
she was supposed to do, so she did it. If you are wondering whether or not you should homeschool your children, or why people do it in the first place,
a quick search on your search engine of choice will yield many answers. What does homeschooling have to do with the theme of this site? Well, what
did you learn concerning our country, it's history, how it's government is supposed to work, and how you can help to make it happen from the
public (government) school system? As it turns out, I learned very little, and kids today are learning even less.
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association - Through the years, HSLDA’s primary goal has remained the same—to bring together a large number of homeschooling families so that each can have a low-cost method of obtaining quality legal defense. Today, HSLDA gives tens of thousands of families the freedom to homeschool without having to face legal threats alone.
- Homeschool Central - Links to homeschooling resources in every state in the Union.
Texas and Local Organizations
- Homeschool Central - Texas - Information and lots of links on homeschooling in Texas.
- Texas Home Educators - Educational resources for anyone interested in education of children and for home schoolers in general. Educational links include NASA, museums, libraries, reference desk, calendar of events, support group listing, THE HomeSchool Mall for vendors, and chat boards. (Must be opened in a new tab. Will do so automatically)
- Texas Home School Coalition - Statewide Christian homeschooling organization. (Must be opened in a new tab. Will do so automatically)
- F.E.A.S.T - Promoting and supporting the benefits of parent-directed education in San Antonio, TX
- Jon's Homeschool Resources - Texas - With over 140 distinct pages and over 1¾ meg of HTML text, this is one of the largest homeschooling sites on the Web. (Must be opened in a new tab. Will do so automatically)
LDS Homeschooling Sites
Homeschooling in the News
Other Resources and Misc Sites